|Helpful Tips and Tricks to Get the Most Out of Your Samsung Galaxy S4||02/08/2013|
|Want to get the most out of your brand spanking new Samsung Galaxy S4? Read our quick run-down of the best tips and tricks!|
So you’ve got yourself a new ‘Life Companion’ or you are at least considering getting one. The new Samsung Galaxy S4 has entered the smart phone market with a lot of hype and it has certainly delivered on its promises to users. There are still a few hiccups surrounding its functions, buttons and touch-screen techniques so Sprout has decided to bring together the best run-down of helpful tips and tricks so you can get the most out of your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Motions versus Gestures
The S4 is built on particular motions and gestures to facilitate phone functions. It can be tricky if you are new to the concept. But here are the basics.
• Phone pick-up can prompt alerts such as “you have a new message”, “missed calls” if your phone is on silent and other push notifications.
• Putting the phone to your ear on a contact page will automatically call them.
• Turning the screen face down will mute it.
• Pointing on the screen will enable panning of a page or of an image as well as zooming in general.
• Sweeping your palm across the screen takes a screenshot.
• Covering the screen with your hand pauses video and audio
• Wave your hand in front of the sensor to bring the phone to life to preview brief notifications.
• Wave your hand up and down to scroll pages or turn pages left and right
• Also use the left and right motion to answer a call.
• Use your hand to select a portion of screen such as on a video to zoom in and view a magnified version.
Being a Smarty Pants
Automatic functions like screen rotation and scrolling can create ease of use and enhance the user experience. Here are the best four smarty pants functions:
• Smart Rotation: Rotates based on the way you are viewing the screen, so you can lie down without flicking into landscape view.
• Smart Stay: The sensor checks to see if you are looking at the screen and keeps it on as long as you are looking at it.
• Smart Pause: Pauses a video when you look away from the screen.
• Smart Scroll: Allows you to scroll a page by tilting your head or by tilting your device.
It’s sometimes not enough that you have your brand spanking new phone, you probably want to make it look and feel like your very own too. Sprout accessories can also help out with our range of fun and functional Samsung Galaxy S4 phone cases, but learning how to make the inner workings of your phone match your personality and preferred functions will help too.
• A long press on any space on the home screen will produce a menu to set wallpaper, add app icons or folders and add widgets.
• Reorganise your apps alphabetically by tapping Menu in the app drawer before selecting view type.
• To get rid of bloatware go to Settings > Applications Manager and swipe to All – here you can individually select apps you don’t need and disable them.
• To hide app icons from the app drawer go to Menu > Hide Applications and then choose the ones you don’t want to appear.
There are many other ways to customise, adjust and adapt the Samsung Galaxy S4 so that it meets your everyday needs. With all these options in mind it is best to start off with some solid phone protection with a good-quality phone case and screen protector just in case your enthusiastic new hand movements cause an accident. For more tips and tricks with all types of mobile and tablet technology follow Sprout on Facebook.